How my year is going, be it bad or good, how my year is going.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday America!!


So tomorrow is Independence Day and I'm going to celebrate it with some friends.  One friend has invited my kids and I to his camp because they are throwing a party for his son, D.  I have the utmost respect for D because he has been fighting for what we live everyday.  I have heard the stories about D from his dad about what he was like as a kid, through the teenage years until he decided to join the Army.
I feel honored to be part of a celebration for this kid.  I don't know him but I feel that I do from hearing the stories, seeing the worry on his parents faces, and worrying about him because he is the closest person that I know that has fought for us.
So tomorrow, while surrounded by friends and enjoying the fun, just remember that it took a lot to get where we are.  Brothers, Sisters, Sons, Daughters, Friends, Neighbors, The Person Down the Street, all of them.  They are still doing what needs to be done.
My hat is off to those fighting for what we have.

No comments: