How my year is going, be it bad or good, how my year is going.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What a weekend

Okay, so I should have posted this Monday, or even Sunday, but I didn't want to.  So...
This weekend the kids and I went up to my friends campground for a little 4th party and it was fun.  I was lucky because the week before I was invited up there to see what it was like before the kids got there.  It is a whole different world from what I was used to or expecting.
I was expecting a bunch of campers kind of close to each other, with some woods near by but that is not at all what it is like.  A lot of the people have it as their weekend homes in the summer.  Sure, they are based off of campers, my friend has a 34 ft one, but that is where things end.  There are really nice decks, special pavilions, paver walkways, and yet completely in the woods.  The best way around is by modified golf carts and people go from place to place, stopping and just talking with people from all over.
Now to the time I had with the kids.  We got to use my friends pop up which is just a place to sleep for the three of us because we spent about that much time in there.  We got there on Friday when it was starting to rain and it rained the whole day.  Now, what happens when there is rain and dirt?  Mud.  Do kids like mud? Yes!  My son went through every change of clothes that he had brought by 11pm.  My daughter, almost every change.  At one point, my son was covered from head to toe and dripping mud as were other kids.  I think that the only thing that any parent said was "Laundry tomorrow".  
The next day, sure there was mud, but there were berry patches, rope swings, other kids with swords, watching dad make a fire using only wood and a lighter (and then half a bottle of lighter fluid and thin wood flats 2 hrs later), hotdogs cooked over said fire, swimming, more mud, a movie at the neighbors and a big star wars battle on the road until about 2am.
Yeah, it was great fun.  It would be nice if dad found a play friend next time.

No comments: