How my year is going, be it bad or good, how my year is going.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pens

That is the strangest bag item that the kids got for Halloween this year. Strike that, it wasn't pens, but pen, singular, one pen per child. Though they thought it was odd, the parents thought that it did make some sense because you are always looking for one so why not?

Today with the kids was one of normalcy. I have moved on from the "we have to do great things every time I have them" to one of "we will act like a normal family" because I just can't play that one up game, it isn't right. So today we watched tv, got homework done, played on the computer, played with toys, didn't listen to dad, laughed, sighed, rolled our eyes at each other and just enjoyed.

I did pull the wool over their eyes though because they wanted to see their friends in Ohio and I made them pack up their costumes so they could show what they were for Halloween, little did they know that they were invited to go candy begging with my friend's kids. So we went and they were happy to see B and A, but didn't understand why they had to take their costumes. After a bit, they started to understand and when it was time to head out, I had to explain that they were going t.o.t. ing again.

I rock.

Then we made a pit stop, viewed the loot, and then it was time for the parade. A night time parade is always cool and thus I rock again. There were the cops, fire trucks, random floats and R2-D2. The kids liked it and when we got back to my friend's house, the kids went off; candy trading the likes of the stock market, deals of "I'll give you 2 kit-kats for your twix bars", counter offers, "does anybody like these?" "what do you have to trade?" "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" (sugar kicked in)

So next time, there is going to be a sleep over after much negotiation. Long story involving cleaning, breakfast and football. But right now, it is all good. Good time had by all, tomorrow spend time with grandmother, do laundry, pack for Chicago, Sunday stuff.

Now, though, is time for bed.

zombie mask

No comments: