How my year is going, be it bad or good, how my year is going.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Going South

I made the flight at 8:15am which meant I had to leave at 5:30 which is the time I normally wake up. I am not big on flying just because sometimes I get claustrophobic and the tiny planes I was on didn't help. I was an uneventful trip, changing planes in Atlanta and heading deeper south. I read, I listened to music, I dozed off even though I tried not to (they have to pump something into the cabins) and just went.

I got to my destination and there is a lot that needs to be done. I have heard stories about how things are run, how people are feeling and I was only there for a few hours. I am acting as a themometer for the company to see what needs to be done at this one location. So far, I have an idea. I got it from one of the workers and not the higher up. I am a worker but acting like a higher up this week. I am a man of the people.

It seems, though, at the end of the month I get sent to some place to help out. It happened last month in Chicago, this month with Mississippi, and who knows about next month. One thing that is good is that I get a chance to catch up on the paperwork and forms that I am supposed to fill out every day. Another thing is that the kids get postcards from the different places I've been. As a kid, there was nothing like getting real mail. In this age of everything is mailed, something that is had written, travels all over the country and is physical can be cool.

Well, I am off to observe, audit and sweat.
badger claws.

No comments: