How my year is going, be it bad or good, how my year is going.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Week in Review +

So, I have talked about the many miles I have traveled but now I am going to talk about what has happened to me other than that. It will be random, it won't make sense to anyone but me, but it will be written.

A week ago at this time I was in a different state hanging out with my sistah and my brother. The kids were surrounded by bubbles out the wazoo after a day of international fun and comic books. I met a friend for the "first" time and she was really cool. Boogly was scared of me but then warmed up, I saw a lot of things that were new. It was a good time.

So, last Friday I picked up the kids from school so that we could make the trek to Virginia and it was raining. It rained the whole time down there but I had snacks, note pads and diet pepsi max, which was a bad choice on my part. I gave it to the kids and they were wired the whole trip down. For me, the conversation was good, though erratic, but good. We made the trip in about 5 hrs and then, we were there. The kids were into everything, asking questions, touching what ever they could, being kids. I was beat but it was good to be with family.

We, the kids and I, were treated to some food at a local Mexican restaurant and they ordered kid food, the adults got some good grub and then it was back to the homestead. That is where sistah found out how awesome her bathroom is in the eyes of a 9 and 10 year old. Jacuzzi tub plus Mr. Bubble = "THIS IS AWESOME!!!!" Like a big bowl of Cool-Whip that you could be in. I was jealous. But it was early bed time and so the kids, with help of sistah, mad a fort and zonked out.

Sis and I talked about things on the porch but then heard a crash. Kitteh tried to sleep on the top of the fort but crashed it. Kids still asleep, adults checking, all good. Adults go to sleep and then it is the next day.

The next day: get the kids up, adults have coffee from a really weird machine, kids eat breakfast, everyone gets ready, off we go. The International Childrens Festival. So much for the kids to do, the heat oppressive, the kids keep going until they are grumpy, the adults sweating, the kids keep on going, paint on pants and in hair, really cool thumb drives. Good time.

Saturday night, kids love the tub, sistah and brother forget that kids only have on and off, old new friend comes over. I'll admit that it is tough to be a dad when those around you don't know what it is like. Sure, I want to hang out with the adult, but I have to make sure that the littles are taken care of. Saturday night was one of those nights, but I had help. I got to expierence some adult time with an old new friend. Sistah and brother took the kids for icec and I got to talk to an awesome woman. I liked it.

Sunday, brother had to leave, kids were reading and doing homework (can't let that slide) and it was just a normal Sunday that the monkeys don't get to have. Muffins, cartoons, Boogly.

The rest of the week, after dropping the kids off at their mom's was filled with road work. Driving a lot, regretting that I should have taken a lunch invitation, listening to awesome new music. Meeting another new old friend. (another post in the future)

I'm tired, going to put a movie on and zonk out. Yep, I faded but that is the curse of the lonley single guy.

Take care.

No comments: