How my year is going, be it bad or good, how my year is going.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let us abuse the system

I am a blue collar worker. I work hourly. I get paid for an honest days work. I am getting screwed by others who play the system. I know who some of them are and what they have done. They have made me loose money so I don't like them.

Normally, I work between 10 and 12 hours a day, which means I get over time. That helps with paying for things that I have to pay for; rent, child support, food. I count on it and have made it part of my budget. I do work during those hours and I don't take a mandatory lunch break, I drive right through that. I never really know how many hours I am going to work but I don't slack off and often short change myself if I get stuck in traffic, if I have to wait for things, if I am getting gas. I put down the hours I work, the miles I travel, the cars I do, no more no less.

There are others that no matter what put down a flat amount of time. They may travel less than I, do less cars than I, abuse the company vehicle, but I get screwed. Because of these people, the dishonest, the players, the idiots, those of us in the company that are honest lose money. I want to hit the ones I know of with a bat and then say thanks.

I am looking for an additional job so that I can afford my internet connection; needed for work. So I can buy my kids stuff they need; like food when they are with me. So I can save for the future. Do I regret things that have happened in my past, decisions that I have made to get me to where I am? Hell yeah I do. Am I trying to live with them and change? Hell yeah I am. Is it going to be easy? Hell yeah it, um, wait. No, no it isn't.

I am strong like bear.

No comments: