How my year is going, be it bad or good, how my year is going.

Monday, October 13, 2008

wine and cigars

It sucks.

This time of year was one of joy for me. Sure, there were birthdays to deal with but they didn't bother me other than I am really bad with dates. I loved the changing of the seasons, digging through clothes to find the sweaters, flannels, long pants. The smell in the air of the dead leaves, the look of the trees, and the promise of warm time with ones you love.

I thought about cigars today. I should have placed an order for delivery on November 6th. A sampler because I never knew what to get and being the "bad son" I was the only one to get them for dad. I don't get to do that this year. It sucks.

I thought about waking up on my birthday and not having the kids ask if I have opened their cards. Being the guy I am, I made sure that they got cards for their mom. It sucks.

it sucks.

celery

No comments: