How my year is going, be it bad or good, how my year is going.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Getting pretty, I mean handsome

Okay, so I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and I needed some stuff.  One thing was a haircut.  I'm not into those $150 places just because I'm not (g.o.b. way of thinking) so I went to a no appointment establishment.  They took longer than I though they needed to do but I'm not complaining.  Having a woman caress your head is never a bad thing.
So after the haircut, I needed a new suit because the last time I wore anything close to a suit, the pants were a rush job that my wife (at the time) ran out and got me and the rest was my dad's.  It was for my dad's viewing and I am just glad that he lost the weight that he did, or things would have looked funny.  (I know, how dare I talk that way, but I know dad would).

A funny thing about that, I was looking for something to wear to my dad's viewing and I went into his closet, found a great suit, tried on the jacket and thought that it was a left over from his fat time cause it hung on me like a bed sheet.  I talked to my sis about it and it turns out that it actually belonged to my brudder in law.  I didn't say anything to him about trying on his jacket, but snickered when I saw him wear it.

Anyway, I got a suit, black because it goes with anything, and surprised by the size.  I have always thought of myself as a certain size when it come to clothes, but I can actually wear things other than XL.  So I have a black suit, with a gray shirt and one of the "jerry garcia" ties, a classic that has been around forever, to wear.  I am ready to break some hearts....as long as they don't look at my hair.
I have the grey going on.  Now, I have colored it before and though it did cover it, I thought it looked weird.  I used to have facial hair, more grey than anything else, and my slash of grey on top made me look a lot older, but not no more.  I still have the slash of grey, distinction, but I don't know how to style it.  (is it weird that a guy is thinking this stuff?) So, tomorrow is going to be fun....no really it is.
Oh, trust me, I have scenarios going through my head that involve me being so cool that the women just fall over me, but I am allowed to dream, right?
I'm just glad to get out among those that know the 80s and such.
eh

No comments: